Car collisions continue to be one of the leading causes of preventable death in the United States. That’s because there are many ways someone could hurt or kill themselves or others while on the road.
According to a renowned driving site, there are approximately 6 million car crashes in the United States every year, leaving 3 million of those involved injured and more than 32,000 dead annually.
Moves that can lead to a crash
Motorists may want to avoid the following:
- Speeding: Drivers, in many instances, usually go a couple miles over the speed limit, but accelerating in certain areas can increase their chances of getting in a wreck.
- Making improper turns/signals: A lapse in judgment while turning can result in a crash. Whether a driver doesn’t put their blinker on before switching lanes or negligently goes against the flow of traffic, either can cause a traumatic incident.
- Not slowing down for people nearby: In most cases, pedestrians in the United States have the right of way, if motorists are not paying attention to their surroundings and injure or kill a bystander, they can face serious consequences.
- Not watching for animals: People may be surprised to learn about all the wildlife in Kentucky that could pose a risk for drivers. Some of those include black bears, mountain lions, white-tailed deer and wild pigs. When driving outside city limits, drivers should remain on the lookout for these creatures, especially at night.
- Running through stop signs/lights: Waiting at countless stop signs and traffic lights can be annoying. But when motorists ignore the rules, they could be putting themselves and other drivers in grave danger.
Safety should be a top priority
Those who were in a severe car wreck may want to reach out to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Louisville, Kentucky. They can help victims understand the valuation and approval process and help get them proper compensation.